Friday, May 27, 2011

Healthy Snacks

Snacks are hard in our home.  It is SO easy to pop open a box of Nilla Wafers or hand them some pudding.  Not that these are necessarily bad (in moderation), but it isn’t the healthiest thing you could give your kids. 

I have found that they love to dip.  In anything.  So, I put out carrots or cucumbers and let them dip in Ranch dressing.  Hummus?  They love it…

I was reading an article that gave a list of 6 snacks that you can’t OVERDO!  I love this.  I am not really a moderation type of person.  If I am hungry, I eat. and eat. and eat.  (I chew a lot of gum!) Perfect!

Most of the things on the list are super easy and you probably already have it at home.

Here’s the article by SHAPE Magazine:

1.)  Homemade Cucumber Pickles

2.) Air-popped Popcorn

3.) Zucchini carpaccio

4.) Canned artichokes

5.)  Homemade Kale Chips

6.)  Finger-food veggies

 

Happy Eating!

Katie

No comments: