Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Homemade Bows

Homemade Bows




Supplies Needed: Any type of material you want (I found that the stiffer materials hold up better--burlap being the best), scissors, and a stapler.
Take your material and cut 9 strips between 6-8 inches long and 1- 1 1/2 inches wide (depending on the size of bow you want to crate).
My bows started out with material 6 inches long and 1 inch wide.

Take your first piece and cross the ends over one another. Make the loop as large or small as you like. Staple the ends to gether and cut off any left over material.



(sorry I didn't have a stapler available when I took these pictures so they aren't cut correctly). Do the same wit hthe next strip of material. Then staple the two pieces together.


Continue around until you have 5 large loops. Staple them all together. Then go to the next row making 3 smaller loops to fit inside.


Take your last strip of material and make a circle. Staple the ends together and cut off the excess.



Add it to the center and staple it to the rest of the bow.



Voila! Super simple, right? I then wrapped a bunch of boxes with brown paper and used white yarn to finish off the presents.



I used these presents as a centerpiece of a Holiday Party I hosted.







Loves,


Kiera




PS-I got the color scheme and inspiration from here, but mine are nowhere near as intricate as hers. I also improvised on the sizes and how to put the bows together. You'll probably do the same. Enjoy!

No comments: