Compliments of Chef Jacqueline Little & the Market District® Recipe Development Team
Serves: 4-5 Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp. International Spice Bar-B-Que seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup Nature’s Basket chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Market District® olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen white corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Place tenderloin on plate and rub with seasoning blend; cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place quinoa and broth in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork and transfer to a medium bowl to cool. Heat grill to medium heat (350-400°F). Brush tenderloin with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook on preheated grill for about 12 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from grill and place on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While pork is cooking, prepare salad. Add corn, red onion, red pepper, cilantro and 1 tablespoon olive oil to bowl with cooked quinoa. Toss avocado pieces in lemon juice to prevent discoloring and add to quinoa salad. Season with salt and pepper as desired and gently toss to combine. Cut pork into thin slices and serve with quinoa salad.