I made these for the superbowl and they were a HUGE hit! So good, sooo easy, easy to hold and we weren't worried about double dipping :)
I changed a few things, like putting them in those small plastic cups (PERFECT) and making sure that I had an exact idea of what was needed for each cup.
*my changes in red
I found that putting 2 TB (+/-) of the refried beans, sour cream, guaco and salsa worked really well.
An easy recipe for Seven Layer Dip.
- 1 – 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 – 1 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 package of pre-made guacamole from Aldi (so easy and good!)
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (for gluten-free please use fresh shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese often has gluten added to prevent caking)
- 1 2.25 oz can black olives, chopped or sliced (3-4 olives, cut up per cup)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl mix the refried beans and taco seasonings.
- Spread the mixture in a pie plate sized platter or several small individual containers.
- Next, layer the sour cream followed by the guacamole and salsa.
- Top the dip off with Cheddar cheese, chopped olives, and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!