Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pinned it. Tried it. Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I have made this recipe twice.  It is super easy to make, but definitely lacks in an over-the-top flavor.  I will say though that this last time I used REAL onions instead of dried and it added a little more wow. 
Pinned Image


Pasta Cordon BleuRecipe courtesy of Dunne at With a Cherry on TopServes 6
1 lb. Pasta (I used bowtie, but I think Penne would've been perfect)
1 cup Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup Ham, cooked and cubed
1 1/2 cups Milk
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion
2 cups Swiss Cheese, shredded
Salt
Pepper

Cayenne Pepper1 cup Panko Crumbs (I used regular bread crumbs and they worked just fine)
1/2 cup Butter, melted (I used 1/4 c. butter and it worked great)



Cook the pasta al dente.  Drain and return to the pot.

Add cooked chicken and ham and toss to combine. 

Preheat broiler.

In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream cheese and onions over med-low heat.  Stir frequently, until it becomes smooth (about 5 minutes). 

Stir in the pasta mixture.  Add swiss cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Transfer pasta to a baking dish and top with Panko crumbs. Pour melted butter over crumbs and broil until browned (I gave it 4 minutes).

No comments: