Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pinterest in November- Plan, plan, plan


I would LOVE for you to share and link us with some of the crafts that you made last week.  I'll see what I can do about posting some of mine...if I get around to it! 

This next week, plan your Thanksgiving.  Some of you are lucky enough to have your moms still make your feast (thanks mom!), while others of you are on your own. 
Either way, here are some great ideas to help you with your Thanksgiving get-togethers
1.) FOOD
Dessert:  Why NOT start with dessert, right? 
Women’s Day had some great ideas.  Who wouldn’t want to eat Reese’s PB with choc. cookies?  These look very good..and the kids would LOVE to help you make them.
Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Pies.  Who doesn’t love a good pie recipe?  I made an apple pie a few weeks ago and it was really good…not as good as a professional, but since it was my first…ever, I was pretty excited!  Here is a link to pinterest: pie, but I’ll include some that look yumm-o to me!
Pumpkin Pie  by Paula Deen
Pumpkin Pie                                                        
and gluten free pumpkin pie
Gluten free pumpkin pie with praline and coconut pecan crust
A single pie serving (perfect for the dessert buffet) from our best bites

Apple Pie in THE APPLE-genius!

Mousse pies: from allrecipes.com
Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe

And who says you can’t have a dessert buffet? 
Thanksgiving Dessert Buffet Amy Atlas
Thank you hostessblog for the awesome pic and idea.

MAIN MEAL:  this one is a bit harder to do.  There is SUCH a HUGE range, so I’ll just do the basics.
Turkey.  Who better to learn from than Martha herself

Here is another spot to find turkey 101

Stuffinnnnngggg.  I really like stuffiing.  I'm lucky enough to have a mom who prepares a dry stuffing and a wet stuffing.  Both are really good, but I prefer mine a bit drier, with gravy on top.

Since I don't have the recipe of hers...this will have to do:


Sweet potatoes:
These are Butter-Pecan Sweet Potatoes via Martha

Green Bean:
Cranberry Sauce:  Luke LOVES my mom's homemade cranberry sauce, but since I don't have the recipe...Martha (again) will have to do!

ROLLS:  My mom make's THE BEST rolls EVER.  But here is another good recipe ;)
Lion House rolls..yum!


2.) DÉCOR
Centerpieces and table settings from hostessblog
Pinned Image
Mantels
Pinned Image
from Be Different Act Normal
Pinned Image

Isn't this adorable for the kids?
Pinned Image
image from fiskars

Anything I am missing?
I'd like to thank Pinterest for all the ideas ;)  Makes me happy. 
Until next week.

No comments: